> Arms & the Man > Gun Ownership in India > Arms Laws in India
Arms Laws in India
- Chapter I (Preliminary)
- Chapter II (Acquisition, Possesion, Manufacture, Sale, Import, Export & Transport of Arms and Ammunition
- Chapter III (Provisions relating to licences)
- Chapter IV (Powers and Procedures)
- Chapter V (Offences and Penalties)
- Chapter VI (Miscellaneous)
- Rule 1-5 (Interpretation, classification, licenceing authorities)
- Rule 6-14 (Regarding possesion, restriction, control, retainers etc.)
- Rule 15-24 (Regarding licence details, age limit, other arms, manufacture, Repair, Sale, Proof Testing etc.)
- Rule 25-31 (Regarding identification marks, records, import of arms etc.)
- Rule 32-36 (Regarding tourist licence, export of arms etc.)
- Rule 37-40 (Regarding transport of arms and licences for import transport etc.)
- Rule 41-45 (Regarding tranport of arms by King of Nepal, transit licence, safe custody)
- Rule 46-47 (Deposit of Arms and Ammunition)
- Rule 48-52 (Regarding inspection, records of arms and ammunition, forms of licence)
- Rule 53-56 ( Regarding renewal, variation of conditions, procedure, appeal)
- Rule 57-64 (Regarding fees, collection, dealers registers, production of arms and licences before authorities)
- SCHEDULE I (Categories of arms)
- SCHEDULE II (Licensing authorities etc.)
- SCHEDULE III (Licences in various forms)
- SCHEDULE IV (Fees)
- What is the procedure for obtaining an Arms License as described in the Act?
- What leads to refusal of licence?
- Explain about the duration and renewal of license?
- Explain how variation, suspension and revocation of licenses can be done?
- What is the procedure of Appeal as prescribed by the Act?
- What is the process for an individual to import arms and ammunition?
- What calibres are classified as Prohibited Bores/ Calibres
- In what conditions arrest of person conveying arms etc., under suspicious circumstances can take place?
- Explain about the deposit of arms, etc., on possession ceasing to be lawful?
- What is the procedure of search and seizure by the Magistrate?
- Explain the procedure of search and seizure of vessels, vehicles for arms, etc.?
- Explain about the penalty for keeping arms etc. without any authorisation?
- What is the punishment for using arms in contravention of this Act?
- What is the punishment for dealing of unlawful arms?
- What is the punishment for contravention of license or rule?
- Explain the power to confiscate the arms?
- Explain about criminal responsibility of persons in occupation of premises in certain cases?
- Forms for applying a new Arms Licence
- Authority Letters
- Indian Ordnance Factory (IOF) Arms Booking Forms
- Affidavit (For the Sale of Arms/ Ammunition)
- 45- Days Sale Notice
- Sale Certificate
- Application for Entry of Weapon in Arms License
- Application for Deletion of Weapon from Arms License
- Application for Extension of P.P. of Arms License
- Application for Renewal of Arms License
- No Objection Certificate
- Form for Depositing Licence Fee. i.e. Challan Receipt (Instead of 32-A Challan Form used previously)
- License for Carrying Arms and Ammunition on a Journey in or through any Part of India i.e. Form VII
- License for Import of Arms and Ammunition i.e. Form XVI
- License for Export and Re-Import/Import, Transport and Re-Export of Arms and Ammunition i.e. Form XIX
- License for the Transport of Arms and Ammunition i.e. Form XX